One of our current team members comments on the impact of City Pastors’ ministry:
“Reuniting girls with parents after a concert, giving directions, waiting with someone for a taxi, radio-ing Police camera when someone becomes vulnerable is what we do as City Pastors. A grateful person once asked why we had helped them, to which we replied, ‘Because God cares’, and that’s why we joined the project, working a night or so every month in Birmingham’s vibrant entertainment district, helping people to have a good night.”
Who can apply to be a City Pastor?
- are you 18 years old or older?
- are a committed Christian?
- have you been an active member of a local church for at least 12 months?
- will you obtain a positive reference from a church leader or minister?
- will you attend an interview and complete our training.
- are you willing to undergo a DBS check if necessary?
- will you adhere to our policies and values?
- are you willing to give at least a 12-month commitment on a once-a-month basis?
What’s the process?
- send an enquiry email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit the online application form
- obtain a church reference
- undertake an interview
- attend the training day
- complete the street training sessions